With the publication of our newest UV information leaflet, we wanted to take some time to revisit the facts about UV and how it can be a great ally in the battle against bacteria and viruses.
There are three main types of UV rays; UVA, UVB & UVC. The length of UVC waves are the shortest and therefore the ones with the highest energy, this means they are capable of killing bacteria and viruses, also called pathogens.
UVC is highly effective at killing pathogens. It does this by destroying the molecular bonds that hold their DNA together. This also included 'superbugs' which have developed a stronger resistance to traditional antibiotics.
Killing bacteria and viruses with UV lights has the benefit of being effective even against germs which are resistant to drugs and does it without needing any toxic chemicals.
MagnaCool 2800 Supreme - UV System
Here at Magnacool, we offer the option of adding a fully functional UV system within our Magnacooler, killing 99.99% of E-coli micro-organisms. The UV disinfection system is installed safely within the Magnacooler. The system provides disinfection of airflow by using germicidal ultraviolet radiation at wavelength of 254nm which disables biological contaminants such as viruses, bacteria and moulds.
The UV system is safely fitted on all Magnacool Supreme models and can also be retro-fitted to your existing Magnacooler
• The UV system provides disinfection of airflow by using germicidal ultraviolet radiation at wavelength of 254nm which disables biological contaminants such as viruses, bacteria and moulds
• The UV disinfection system consists of electronic ballasts, lamp leads and UV Torpedo lamp fixtures. The ballasts are installed in compressed air enclosure behind the 3 x airflow acrylic panels
• Number of lamp fixtures = 4 off UVTS155W-F
• Average lifetime = 12,000 hours (dependant on usage)
• Power input per lamp = 155W
• Airflow rate = 5m3/s
• 155W UVC germicidal lamp with shatterproof coating
• Expected intensity decrease towards end of life (12,000 hrs) = 20%
• Stainless steel housing with aluminium reflector inserts
• Safety limit switches turn off UV if acrylic panels are removed
• Independent control of UV system from its own control panel
• Warning light Indicator on panel if a light fails
‘UVC at a specific wavelength, 254 nanometers, has been successfully used to inactivate H1N1 influenza and other coronaviruses, such as severe acute respiratory virus (SARS-CoV) and Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV)’ Indermeet Kohli - a physicist who studies photomedicine in dermatology at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, told Live Science (livescience.com)
DISINFECTION PERFORMANCE AFTER 12,000. HOURS OF OPERATION
Microorganism - E.Coli (bacteria) - up to 10 passes = 99.99% ‘The Magnacool Supreme’ UV System has been specifically designed and custom developed by Dr Jaromir Bilek of Jenton International – Directors: RR Little BSc (Hons); RP Sion BEng (Hons) PhD; AC Little (Hons) PhD.
Please Note: All UV Magnacoolers are supplied with Ferro type filters for extra fine air filtration.
As we transition back into something that resembles normality, we will all need to do what we can to protect ourselves. As yet, UV hasn't been tested against COVID-19 and therefore we can not comment of it's effectiveness against it, however using UV to kill bacteria and viruses has many benefits regardless. We are looking forward to the government's test results in relation to UV and COVID-19 and will update you accordingly.
If you’d like to speak to a member of our team about how Magnacool can benefit your baking business, you can get in touch by calling us on +44 (0) 1159 659539 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org